Going sockless with sneaker-type shoes is a fashion statement and a practical action. For some, it feels better not to have an extra layer inside their shoe, and it may look good without socks. But it feels like something is missing for others if you don’t wear socks!
Do you wear socks with Hey Dudes, or are they designed for a sockless look? Is there a solid answer to this question, or does it depend on the person?
Today we’re diving into Hey Dudes and whether or not you should be wearing socks with them. We’ll look at some pros and cons to get a good idea of what would work best for you.
What Are Hey Dudes?
Hey Dudes are comfortable, casual, cool shoes designed to make you look and feel good while wearing them. They come in many styles, including loafers, sneakers, boat shoes, and even boots.
They have a distinctive style, including an elasticated lacing system that allows for easy slipping on and off. You can also find them in many different colors and patterns, so there’s something for everyone’s style!
Why Are Hey Dudes So Popular?
Hey Dudes are popular shoes and for good reason. They’re excellent casual shoes for everyday wear, and wearers appreciate their lightweight and breathable design.
Stylish, Casual Design
Hey Dudes are casual, from name to design! But they are stylish at the same time, so you can easily wear them to coffee with a friend or to work if the office vibe is smart casual.
They come in multiple colors, exciting patterns, and so many designs that you can get one for every day of the week!
Comfortable, Flexible Upper
Hey Dudes are known for their comfortable and flexible uppers. You can find them in canvas, textiles, or knit, which gives these shoes a particular look. Some of them have a stretchy upper, which is amazing for those who struggle with swollen feet.
The upper flexibility allows your feet to flex naturally, and it offers plenty of space for your toes to splay without chafing. Around the ankle, there’s a nice bit of padding that goes a long way toward keeping your feet comfortable and locked down.
It’s still fairly protective against the outside world, so your feet will be warm, comfortable, and safe.
Lightweight On the Feet
On average, a Hey Dude shoe weighs about 5 ounces. That’s light! You’ll hardly feel them on your feet, yet they offer decent padding and support.
Their weight is thanks to super light insoles, thin, flexible uppers, and their flex-and-fold technology.
Removable Memory Foam Insole
A removable insole is a nice touch. You can take it out and wash it when you feel you need to, and you can also add your own with more support if you need it.
The existing insole is made of memory foam that cradles your foot and absorbs shock as you walk. It’s comfortable underfoot, although it’s not the most supportive for those with low or high arches.
Although they’re made of textile or canvas, Hey Dudes shoes are breathable. Air circulates through the fabric and around your feet to keep you cool, but they’re semi-impermeable to water.
The elasticated laces of Hey Dudes make them easy to slip on and off, yet keep a tight enough fit that the shoes don’t feel loose on your feet.
These laces are also handy when your feet swell later in the day. They accommodate swollen feet fairly well and, combined with the stretchy upper, will allow you to continue without pain or discomfort.
Between the snug heel collar and the protective upper, you shouldn’t have any issues getting a nice fit on your feet.
Do You Wear Socks With Hey Dudes?
In the end, it comes down to personal preference if you wear socks with Hey Dudes or not. You can choose either way, depending on your comfort level and preferred style.
You can go sockless with Hey Dudes, because:
- The soft interior is easy on the feet and won’t chafe.
- They’re breathable and should keep your feet cool.
- A memory foam insole provides softness and light support.
However, if you want to wear socks, you can. Wearing socks with Hey Dudes can:
- Prevent friction between your skin and the shoe.
- Keep your feet warm because the shoes are very breathable.
- Offer extra cushioning to the feet.
Based on your needs, you can decide if you should wear socks with your Hey Dudes or not. Socks may be the better choice if you have particularly sensitive feet, sweaty feet, or cold feet.
Most Popular Men’s Shoes
1. Hey Dude Wally Stretch
The Wally Stretch is Hey Dudes’ most popular shoe. It’s got a modern, attractive design that can go equally well with shorts and a t-shirt or with slacks and a smart shirt.
They come in a wide range of colors and patterns, so there’s something to suit every style. As well as being stylish, they’re also extremely comfortable, thanks to their construction and materials.
A stretchy textile upper provides light protection for the feet and accommodates late-in-the-day swelling. This works with the elastic lacing system to provide a good fit that’s slightly adjustable without losing tension.
A soft lining keeps your feet comfortable whether you choose to wear socks or go sockless. Underneath the shoe, a lightweight synthetic outsole offers a good grip on many different surfaces. The shoe weighs around 6 ounces overall.
- Stretchy textile upper accommodates most foot shapes and widths
- Soft cloth lining keeps your feet comfortable with or without socks
- The synthetic outsole protects you from slips and keeps you light on your feet
- They come in many different colors and designs to suit every style
- The sole is not very durable if you wear these shoes often
2. Hey Dude Wally Sox
Another popular Hey Dudes shoe, the Wally Sox, features a canvas upper with Flex-and-Fold technology, adding extra flexibility to the upper. This allows the upper to move with your foot as you walk, increasing the comfort and practicality of the shoe.
Like other Hey Dudes, it features an elasticated lacing system that allows you to quickly slip the shoes on or off when needed. Although they have the word “fleece” in their name, they’re not overly warm, so you can wear socks with them if you’d like to.
The minimalist upper and lightweight outsole make this shoe just 5 ounces in weight. If you’re after something lightweight, this will do! You’ll also get a good grip from the outsole.
- Flex and fold technology allows the upper to move comfortably with your foot’s natural motion
- Easy-On System features elastic laces for a quick slip-on and slip-off
- They weigh just 5 ounces per shoe, one of the lightest around
- Cotton canvas upper provides light structure and keeps your feet cool
- They may not fit well on narrow feet as they stretch
3. Hey Dude Wally Funk
These shoes have all the classic Hey Dude style and comfort, with a bit more funk than others. They come in many different colors, each with a unique heel pattern. This is it if you’re looking for a shoe with a bit of character.
Like the other Hey Dudes, they feature a flexible upper and a lightweight outsole that feels light and easy on the feet. Inside, there’s a leather-lined insole that’s soft and durable.
These shoes are also washable to keep them looking and smelling clean. Let them air dry, and they’ll look like a new pair!
- Linen-blend upper with unique detailing for a bit of funky style
- The removable insole that’s lined with leather for softness and durability
- Easy to wash and air dry to keep them looking good as new
- Multiple color and pattern mixes for you to choose from
- This shoe runs a little tight so it might not work well with socks
Most Popular Women’s Shoes
1. Hey Dude Wendy Sox
The women’s Hey Dudes shoe range is as stylish as the men’s. They’re sneaker-style shoes with the classic Hey Dudes look, with patterns that are slightly slanted to a feminine style.
The elasticated laces and stretchy upper allow for swelling of the feet, making them ideal not only for wearing for long periods but also for pregnant ladies who suffer from swollen feet.
The Flex and Fold technology built into the shoe means they aren’t restrictive and move with your feet to keep you comfortable.
- A stylish and practical design that’s light on the feet
- They come in a range of patterns and shades to suit every woman’s tastes
- The easy-On lacing system and stretch-polyester blend upper accommodate swollen feet
- Flex and fold technology keeps your feet comfortable and moves with you
- May not provide the best support
2. Hey Dude Wendy Chambray
The Chambray has a boating-style design, but it remains perfectly suitable for casual and smart-casual situations. The Wendy Chambray is available in an array of designs that range from plain to patterned to suit your every mood.
They’re extremely lightweight, making them excellent for walking around the house, visiting friends, or shopping.
You can easily remove the insole and add another with more support if you find insufficient support in these shoes for your feet. The insole offers light cushioning to keep your feet comfortable if the support is adequate.
The entire shoe plus the insole is washable and easy to keep clean. Perfect for almost all occasions!
- Chambray-blend upper is sturdy and pretty enough to wear casually and on smart-casual occasions
- Ultra-light outsole keeps you safe on multiple different surfaces without weighing you down
- The removable insole allows you to wash it and also to add your own if the existing one doesn’t have enough support
- Cushioned memory foam insole for light shock absorption and support
- They are not the most durable shoes
3. Hey Dude Britt
The Britt is one of Hey Dudes’ best cold-weather shoes for women. It has all the good features that the brand is known for, plus a warm, foldable faux fur cuff around the heel collar, for warmth and style.
If you want a unique style, you can unclip the furry cuff and unfold it, so it sits up around your ankle. This is handy for when there’s a bit of wind, and you want the best protection. The upper is made from blended cotton, which is soft and comfortable. It remains breathable enough for your feet to not sweat while they stay warm.
A removable memory foam provides a soft and comfortable platform for your feet, with a bit of shock absorption. You can remove it to wash it or add your own orthotic if you need a little more support than the shoe provides.
- The foldable faux fur cuff adds a unique look and keeps your feet warmer in cold weather
- Soft, blended cotton upper remains breathable despite keeping your feet warm
- Extremely comfortable with a soft, moldable memory foam insole
- Compatible with orthotics, so your feet are always properly supported
- These shoes run a little small, so you may want to size up